> Promoting the profession
- We help clients to select a garden or landscape architect.
- We organise activities that promote greater awareness of garden and landscape architecture among the public at large.
- We create platforms for individual members and affiliated practices to promote themselves to potential clients.
> Providing professional support to our members
- We provide support to our members on practical issues relating to their work.
- We provide guidance to our members on legal aspects of professional practice.
- We organise meetings for landscape practices on topical issues relevant to professional practice.
> Maintaining the quality of professional practice
- The NVTL has a voice in setting the attainment targets and learning outcomes for the degree programmes in landscape architecture to ensure that they meet the needs of the profession and that landscape architects posses the necessary knowledge and skills.
- The Association is also regularly consulted by the board of the Architects Registry Office and gives solicited and unsolicited advice on subjects relating to the practice of landscape architecture in the Netherlands.
- The NVTL has drawn up a Code of Conduct which includes rules on the independent position of landscape architects and collegial relations between professionals. Landscape architects who endorse this Code of Conduct and register with the Architects Register have the right to add the designation ‘BNT’ after their name.
> Stimulating further development of the profession
- We regularly organise excursions and lectures around a different theme each year.
- The Association is a bridge between education and practice, and numerous activities are arranged jointly with the educational institutions.
- We stimulate cooperation with other design associations, such as the BNA (architects), BNI (interior architects), BNO (designers) and BNSP (planners and urban designers).
- We represent the interests of Dutch landscape architects in international landscape organisations, such as IFLA and IFLA Europe, and encourage international cooperation between designers.